Menaggio - a picturesque town overlooking Lake Como
Mennagio, an attractive thriving town on the western shores of Lake Como although smaller than lakeside resorts such as Bellagio and Lecco, is non less picturesque. This historic lakeside village has lots to offer the lover of the great outdoors. With it's 18 hole golf course, miles of walking and trekking, swimming and mountain biking all waiting to be discovered. It is also the perfect base to discover the surrounding areas.
What to do
You'll never be short of things to do in beautiful Mennagio. For lovers of golf there is a superb 18 hole golf close to town. There is plenty of good walking in the area, Mennagio has long been used as a starting point and base for walkers wanting to explore the surrounding areas, whether easy strolls or mountain hikes.
In town you will find a large, outdoor, lakeside lido, a great place for the kids to let off some steam or simply spend a relaxing afternoon. For the adventurous you can rent a motor, sailing boat or kayak to explore the surrounding areas. And of course don't forget to explore the beautiful town of Mennagio itself. Take a wander around the medieval alleyways and lake front promenade. Stop off in one of the many small shops offering local craft products such as shoes, clothing and home accessories.
What to eat
Il ristorante Di Paolo, situated near the waterfront, offers great food and people watching! A favourite with tourists and locals alike. For the best views in town head to Ristorante Red Bay. This restaurant with stunning lake views is at the end of the promenade on Menaggio's lakefront. The outdoor eating area is on a promontory ensuring uninterrupted views up the lake. If exploring by foot, take time to stop off at Pane e Cioccolato in the old town for a well-earned Gelato.
How to get there
Trains run from Milan Centrale to stations in Como (Como San Giovanni and Como Lago Nord) and Varenna and cost under €10 and take less than an hour. Ferries link to Menaggio from there. Private transfers take approx 1hr 15mins from Milan airports. From Bergamo-Orio al Serio Airport, take the Lake Como express bus service. Private transfer takes approx. 1 hr 50 mins.
See below our villas and apartment in Menaggio & surrounding area
9.5 out of 10
centrally located in the characterful form Victorian Train station of MenaggioView property
10 out of 10
* Sunny garden with swimming pool & lake views * Within 5 minute drive of the lakeside centre of MenaggioView property
10 out of 10
* Just 10 minutes drive from Menaggio * Private & elevated position * Lovely views of Bellagio * Elegant private swimming pool * Excellent outdoor dining terraces with viewsView property
9 out of 10
* Large villa suitable for groups of families & friends * Private swimming pool & jacuzzi room * Modern interior * Tranquil woodland settingView property
8 out of 10
with idyllic lake views from sunny Loveno hillside. Menaggio just 8 minutes drive, 22 minutes walkView property
9.5 out of 10
in an elevated position on the Menaggio hillside with breathtaking view of Lake ComoView property
* Surrounded by beautiful private garden * Located on the Menaggio hills in highly desirable setting of Loveno * Tranquil Lake Como views * Private swimming poolView property
* Set in a stunning location above Menaggio * Sunny spot, from morning until evening * Restaurants withing walking distance * Private swimming poolView property