Pesaro - a popular seaside resort in Le Marche
Situated to the north of the Le Marche region lies the popular seaside resort of Pesaro. Although little discovered by foreign tourists this resort town has been popular with Italians for many years thanks to its large sandy beaches and charming historic centre. It is also famous for the nearby Parco Naturale del Monte San Bartolo, as well as being the birth-town of the famous composer, Rossini.
What to do
One of the main reasons for most people coming to Pesaro, is its fabulous golden sand beaches. There are four main beach areas - the popular hotel fronted beaches of Levante and Ponete, offering fine sand and shallow water, perfect for children. Further north, Baia Flaminia and further South, the less crowded free beach, Spiaggia Libera. All offer plentiful places to eat and rows of beach chairs and umbrellas for hire.
Head back past the high-rise beach hotels and you will find Pesaro's charming old town. First head to Piazza del Popolo, the main town square with a charming fountain in the centre, this is a lively square surrounded by bars and with plenty going on day and night.
Next to the square you will find a small museum dedicated to the life of its most famous resident Rossini. Inside you will find displays of personal belongings donated to the town after his death.
Also in town lies the Palazzo Mosca, civic museum. Inside you will find a particularly impressive Giovanni Bellini alterpiece alongside a selection of art and ceramics from different periods, as well as a room dedicated to Rossini.
Where to eat
For fine dining head to Lo Scudiero. Set in a beautiful historic building in the centre of the old town they offer exceptional food in an elegant setting. Choose one of the set menus to enjoy creative experimental dining.
For seafront dining try L'Angolo di Mario. Occupying one of the best spots in Pesaro with a large terrace overlooking the sea, they offer fantastic seafood, generous portions and reasonable prices. They have a good local wine list and friendly, efficient service. Always popular, so expect to wait for a table at busy times.
For a quick lunch try ROSA. Traditional Italian style sandwiches using fresh local ingredients on homemade bread. They also serve tapas and cold beer and wine. Super friendly service in a relaxed modern café.
For traditional local fare head to Osteria Pasqualon. Centrally located, just 200m from the main palace, they serve delicious homemade pizzas and pastas from their extensive menu.
How to get there
The nearest airports are located at Rimini (27km) Marche/Ancona (48km) Perugia (94km) and Bologna (145km). It is easy to get into town if arriving by train thanks to the town lying on the main Bologna, Rimini, Ancona line. Also good for exploring surround areas. The station is a twenty-minute walk from the seafront. It is also well connected by bus from both the station next to the train station as well as the station in Piazza Matteotti.
See below our villas and apartment in Pesaro & surrounding areas
* Large converted farmhouse * Suitable for large groups of families and friends in 2 apartments * Pond like swimming pool * Excellent Le Marche countryside viewsView property
* Suitable for families wishing to stay in a villa within walking distance of the sea and amenities * Direct sea access * Historic property previously belonging to an aristocratic familyView property
9 out of 10
* Formerly Luciano Pavarotti's holiday home, * Suitable for families and friends who wish to holiday near Pesaro * Direct sea access * Sleeps upto 23 people * Table tennis, bowling greet, table footballView property
9.7 out of 10
* Suitable for families who wish to be within easy reach of the sea * Table tennis * 3km away from the beach, where you have a reserved umbrella & sunbeds * Small childrens poolView property
9 out of 10
* Within walking distance of the pretty village of Sant'Angelo in Lizzola * 30 minutes drive of the coast towns of Fano & Pesaro * Wonderful panoramic views & large garden * Sauna & relaxation area * Divine sunset viewsView property