Perugia - the capital of Umbria
The capital of Umbria is a large cosmopolitian city with a number of historical attractions and is actually the largest walled medieval city in Italy.
The city's main hotspot has always been the Pietro Vannucci with epic palaces and stunning architecture that have participated in the city's history. The pedestrianized street is the place to enjoy a stroll, look in the shops with many fine designer boutiques and artisan shops. Perugia has a high number of students, with two major universities, one of which is for overseas students only, which in turn means there is plenty of trendy bars and drinking venues in the town center.
If you like Jazz music then head here in the summer for it's annual festival in July, where homage is paid to this culture and that attracts leading artists and bands from around the world. The hometown of Perugina Chocolate still proudly produces masses of decadent confections and also hold an annual festival in October.
There are direct budget flights to Perugia from the UK and most major european cities, making the town a good starting point for a tour of this part of central Italy. The city is ideally situated along the border with Tuscany, near Lake Trasimeno, Assisi, Spello and Citta della Pieve in Umbria, but close to Arezzo, Cortona, Montepulciano and Pienza in Tuscany.
See below our villas and apartment in Perugia & surrounding area
* Shared swimming pool only with the owner * 20km from Perugia * Fenced off property * Traditional rustic furnitureView property
10 out of 10
* Large private swimming pool with hydromassage area * Panoramic views of the valley below * Walking distance to local village & within easy reach of Perugia. * Highly recommended for large groups of families and friends * Outdoor wood burning oven * 7 double bedroomsView property
surrounded by woodland 12km from PerugiaView property
* Within walking distance of the village with restaurants * 12km from Assisi * Nice private swimming-pool connected to a small pool for children * Lower price in off season for sleeping only 4 people * Private fenced off propertyView property
* Set in a peaceful position surrounded by olive groves & vineyards * Barbecue and a wood-burning oven * Spacious sun terrace with large saltwater panoramic swimming pool * 2km from the local village of TorgianoView property
set in a panoramic position, on the border with Le Marche and approximately 1 hour drive from the Adriatic coast.View property
10 out of 10
* On hilltop position with great views of the valleys below. * Private pool is ideal for those with small children as it is fenced in and there is a small area of the pool just for them * Special view on Umbrian Valley with Assisi townView property
* 9 double bedrooms * Immersed in the Umbrian countryside * The villa is ideal for groups of friends or large families * Historic towns like Perugia and Assisi nearbyView property