Skiing apartments in Canazei
Canazei is a sizeable, bustling and pretty village consisting of old rustic buildings and nice little shops. The resort is set in Sella Rondas most heavily wooded section of mountains.
The resort offers many facilities, including a swimming pool, steam rooms, saunas and skating in nearby Alba. There are numerous restaurants and an animated apres-ski with many bars.
The Sella Ronda ski area itself is unlike any other with stunning scenery, superb snowmaking and a diverse mix of slopes catering for all levels. In terms of size, the network rivals the Trois Vallees in France and it is possible to ski the circuit in a day through the four valleys of Val Gardena, Val di Fassa, Alta Badia and Arrabba.
- Km of piste: access to 395 km through the Sella Ronda
- Altitude: 1465m (Canazei)
- Number of lifts: 13 (Canazei)
- Number of slopes: 18 (Canazei)
- Blue 30%
- Red 60%
- Black 10%
- There are 98km of cross country trails enjoying the wonderful scenery
- The Sella Ronda area has over 200 ski instructors
- The Dolomiti SuperSki pass is 182 Eur for 6 days and offers exceptional skiing. Less expensive passes are also available for smaller ski areas.
What to do beyond skiing?
Take a day out and relax in one of the many spas in Canazei. There are fun parks in Canazei-Belvedere and Col Rodella-Campitello and for a day trip, visit the lovely City of Bolzano under an hour away with plenty of character, history, culture and shopping. There are also over 20 bars and 3 nightclubs in the resort
How to get to Canazei?
Innsbruck (Austria) is the closest airport with a 1.5 hrs transfer time but it is also possible to use Treviso (2.5 hrs), Verona (2.5hrs) and Venice (3 hrs).
- Pretty resort with extensive skiing through the Sella Ronda
- Great snow making facilities and grooming
- Excellent for intermediates
- Good provision for children
- Good bars, restaurants and non-ski activities