Skiing Apartments in Cortina
Cortina is a wonderful resort in the heart of the Dolomites with the most dramatic scenery. There is a good quantity of well-maintained slopes; marvellous nursery slopes, good long runs for intermediates and access to the vast Dolomiti SkiPass area.
Cortina is a very attractive and upmarket town with many boutiques, restaurants and bars. Many people to come to the resort simply to shop, eat and be seen! Other Off-piste activities include a swimming pool, saunas, health spa, art gallery, cinema and indoor tennis. In high season, the resort offers a lively social scene.
- Km of piste: 140 km
- Altitude: 2932m (Cortina)
- Number of lifts: 51 (Cortina)
- Number of slopes: 56 (Cortina)
- Blue 33%
- Red 62%
- Black 5%
- Cortina is a good resort to learn to board with wide slopes
- The ski domain is split into three areas with a bus service linking all three
- The pistes are fairly uncrowded for such a well-known resort, so expect plenty of skiing!
What to do beyond skiing?
Spend a day relaxing in the various spas. Join the affluent Italians in the Café's and watch the world go by. Take a snow shoe tour, go sledging or on a sleigh ride.
How to get to Cortina?
Treviso is the closest airport with 1.5 hr transfer but it is also possible to use Venice (2 hrs) and Innsbruck in Austria (2.5hrs).
- Attractive upmarket resort
- Access to vast ski area covered by Dolomiti Superskii pass
- Good varied slopes
- Magnificent Dolomite scenery
- Great food and off-piste entertainment